16th ANNUAL EARLY HEARING DETECTION & INTERVENTION MEETING
February 26-28, 2017 • Atlanta, GA
2/28/2017 | 3:00 PM - 3:30 PM | Sharing the Wealth--Writing for the Journal of Early Hearing Detection and Intervention (JEHDI) and the EHDI eBook | Grand Hall C
There are two significant sources of information regarding Early Hearing Detection and Intervention:
• The NCHAM EHDI eBook is intended to provide broad knowledge of EHDI topics for new coordinators, students, allied professionals and parents. While some professional jargon may be included, writers are careful to explain any concepts which may be unfamiliar to the intended audience.
• JEHDI, on the other hand, is a peer-reviewed professional journal devoted to current research, evidence based practice and standards of care. It is geared toward professionals in all the diverse disciplines associated with early hearing detection and intervention.
Presentations and posters from conferences, dissertations, results of quality improvement activities, research projects, and numerous other activities lend themselves well to submission as articles for one of these publications to share with the broader EHDI and/or lay community. Examples of material from both publications will be shared.
This presentation will outline the submission and publication process for both publications. Topics covered will include:
• Submitting a proposal—guidelines for both publications
• Writing your chapter/article—organization, language, formatting, references
• Submitting your chapter/article
• The review process
• Revising your submission
• You in print
EHDI personnel have traditionally been open and enthusiastic about sharing information to help others, as evidenced by the wide range of presentations and posters seen at the national EHDI conference. It is NCHAM’s hope that much of that information can be disseminated to the broader EHDI community through these two publications.
- Participants will learn about two NCHAM publications
- Participants will identify sources of possible publication materials
- Participants will learn the peer-reviewed publication process
Handout is not Available
(), NCHAM, firstname.lastname@example.org;
Dr. Schmeltz is an associate professor of audiology at A. T. Still University and Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Early Hearing Detection and Intervention. He has served as Editor of the NCHAM eBook since it's inception in 2010. He is a past-president of the Educational Audiology Association.
Financial - No relevant financial relationship exist.
Nonfinancial - No relevant nonfinancial relationship exist.